Lost or Mishandled Baggage
lost or mishandled baggage
As soon as you notice at the arrival destination that your baggage are mishandled or has not arrived on the same flight, please apply the following:
- Contact our baggage Services Staff immediately and before leaving the arrival hall.
- Provide all the details needed by SAUDIA Personnel.
- Complete your name with correct spelling, any other name on the bag, permanent and temporary contacts, and any relevant information.
- The correct type and color of your missing bag through the identification chart provided by the baggage services staff.
- The brand of the baggage. i-e (Samsonite, Delsey, American Tourist and etc).
- Please make sure that you have the SAUDIA Baggage Services contact numbers, claim file references, and documents for further queries.
- If it happens that your baggage is not traced and you need to travel to another destination, you may contact our Baggage Services staff at that point for further handling and information that you may need.
- In case of loss baggage and loss of content from baggage; SAUDIA is not liable to compensate the
mentioned items in Packing Instructions page & Baggage allowances page.
The staff in charge, will take up the matter as per SAUDIA procedures and try to locate your baggage through our (Wold Tracer) Automated System; Which is the fastest and most effective tracing system available.
In case the baggage is not located on the spot, our staff will take all corrective measures to ensure that the missing baggage is returned and delivered to the owner in the shortest period of time.
Passenger may access Wold Tracer through this link www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/sv.htm to display their claim files and follow-up on the status of their mishandled baggage simply by entering the file number and the last name exactly as mentioned in the claim record.
lost items on airplane
- If you left something behind on your flight, please get in touch with the baggage services office at the airport that you landed in.
- Any items that have not been claimed after (30) days of the flight’s arrival, will be handed over to the Main baggage services office in Jeddah city.
- If you are unable to reach the airport within (30) days of the flight's arrival, please contact the main baggage services office at cbs@saudia.Com , explaining the following:
- Flight number or reservation number or photo of the boarding pass.
- Description, including color.
- Saudia is not liable for the loss of personal items left on board it is aircrafts.
SAUDIA liability for loss, damage or delay to passengers luggage
SAUDIA liability for loss, damage or delay to passengers luggage ( the passenger is holding travel ticket ) is limited to SDR (1288) ( Special drawing right) , unless the passenger declares the baggage value while checking –in and pay the applicable additional fees . In such case SAUDIA, liability shall not exceed the amount of the declared value. SAUDIA shall be liable for damage to the passenger-checked baggage if the damage occurred on board or at any time the baggage was in custody of SAUDIA, Agents, or Representatives. SAUDIA shall not be liable for any damage due to defects or poor quality of the bags according to the international applicable rules and regulations. SAUDIA provides services and compensation for damaged bags claims according to the following order:
- In case of total damage to the bag , the compensation shall be :
- As per the purchase receipt.
- As per the bag actual market value, or similar brand bag if unable to determine the actual market value.
- In case of a major damage to the bag, the compensation shall be:
- Repair the bag or reimburse the repair invoice.
- Offer alternative bag or negotiate and agree on fair, reasonable compensation.
- SAUDIA shall not be liable for damaged bags in cases of:
- The damaged bag was accepted on condition that SAUDIA shall not be liable for any damage and limited release tag (LRT) affixed.
- Minor damage or scratches noticed on the bag.
SAUDIA is not liable for any damage to the un-checked baggage (carry-on baggage), unless such damage caused by SAUDIA, its agents, representatives due to negligence and mistake. SAUDIA shall not be liable for any lost cabin baggage left behind by the guest.